Schoolies week on the Gold Coast holds many secrets for increasing your sales.
Here's 6 you can start using right now:
- Get clear about your target market. Schoolies targets graduating students. Once you're clear about "who" ... it's infinitely easier to find and advertise to them.
- Create a product or service so attractive that everyone in your target market talks about it and prepares for it months in advance.
- Create a social element to your product, service, company or marketing so everyone in your target market invites others to participate (buy). Schoolies wouldn't be the same without your friends.
- Get your product, service or company in the free media. There's no better (or cheaper) way to saturate your market with your message than by getting free media coverage. How?
- Be controversial. Controversy gets people talking. When people talk you get free advertising. The more controversial the more likely you will end up with free media coverage.
- Get others in your supply chain to participate in marketing your product or service. Schoolies is promoted by hotels, travel agents, event organisers and everyone else who profits from the experience.
There are other secrets too. I'm sure you can think of many (good and bad). So why not pick one and start using it today.
Top of the list should be free media.
If you need help with free media contact the Publicity Princess, Kate Engler here: http://www.thepublicityprincess.com/